Here I am around three and a half months down the lane, since I started blogging and the kindest and awesome blogging community makes my decision worthwhile almost every single day! And when I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Marie of https://thebusinessofblooming.com , I was literally jumping with joy 😀 And my hubby thought I started my workout routine a little early that day 😛
I have of course seen these wonderful awards on various blogging sites and I would be lying to myself and my wonderful readers if I said I did not wish for an award for my blog as well! And on a fine day morning, I get a notification that I am nominated as well for the Liebster Award!!! Marie was so kind to think of me while nominating bloggers for this award and I know I have thanked her a zillion times already but for the last time hopefully before she says “Ok, you are going overboard. I am taking back my nomination 😛 ” , thanks again Marie ❤ Marie’s blog is about self-love and as the name suggests her posts indeed guides the readers to bloom into positive individuals. And while at that business, she makes sure all her posts exude wittiness and an inherent charm which is sure to make you follow her and appreciate her wonderful intentions. I had the chance to come across her blog through Nikki at http://akinderway.com/ , another member of the blogging community who is such a sweet personality and once you start reading her posts before you know she would have inspired you and influenced your life in a positive way already 🙂
As part of receiving this award, I have an opportunity to tell you more about my favorite blog. Ohh boy, isn’t that a toughie! I love each and every blog I follow for its own unique beauty and talent and it is so so difficult to pick ten of them, leave alone one!! 😦 But rules are rules so after a lot of thinking and nerve-wrecking contemplation, I decided *drum roll* to tell you about Deb’s blog, https://onceuponahotflash.com/. Her section, the daily grateful post is immensely praiseworthy and the mere fact that someone out there, is taking pain to remind us what we need to be grateful for on a DAILY basis is a reason enough to follow her. Trust me, when you see those posts in your reader, your day brightens up a lot more and you end up thinking “Gee, I have that and I should be thankful about it!”. We all have our daily chores and work to tend to, but the fact that she does this every single day without fail is so commendable. She also does a wonderful job of engaging with the readers and is such a delightful soul, I am so blessed to have known her in this world of amazing blogs. ❤
I also get a chance to nominate bloggers who have less than 200 followers for this award (which made it way easier or else I would have been in again in a soup wondering which to pick ) and here goes the nominees in no specific order.
I can also include 10 random facts about me if I wanted to 🙂 Marie made this optional this year but I think it’s a great way to engage with the readers and let them know you a bit more up close hence here I go rambling about me things (hopefully) you do not know yet 😀
- I am a huge coffee-lover. That soul-filling cup of caffeine is needed for me to kick start my day. 😎
- I consider myself as a Potterhead to the maximum! I absolutely adore and go crazy on anything and everything to do with the world of Harry Potter ❤ A few of you, might already know this but to the rest, I hope this is new!
- Speaking about magic, you must know that I am a huge fan of superheroes and superheroines as well. A believer of X-men, Batman ,Wonder Woman, Superman, Ironman, Deadpool, Thor, Flash I can go on and on 😀
- Getting to my fears, I am scared to death of spiders. Even a tiny one is enough to get me shrieking and run for my life, till my dad or hubby comes and kills it and shows me the proof of its death 😛
- Another funny thing is I am not scared of snakes. XD My hubby finds it so funny that I am totally fine with snakes while a cockroach can scare the bejeebers out of me. Well my theory is that a snake is not going to come flying at you is it? Those stupid creepy cockroaches fly and scare you out of your skin.
- This is a little embarrassing but I thought I will anyways tell you this, who knows I may even find someone with the same habit 😉 I have some “lucky” stuff and some others branded as “unlucky”. Like I have a t-shirt which has never failed me to bring good luck every time I wore it *touchwood* and similarly I have stuff, which every time I use, I end up crying or something bad happens and I deem them as “unlucky” 😛 Thankfully my hubby puts up with this idiosyncrasies of mine and it amuses him 😀 I really hope to stop this thinking of mine but its tough when you note that every single time you use that bangle/wear that dress things go wrong horribly! 😦
- Have I freaked you out? Still there? I can see that your eyebrows are way raised and almost disappearing into your hair but I appreciate you still sticking around. 😉 Next fact thankfully is something normal and it is that I like very spicy food. Part of it is because I have been born and brought up in India, where most of the food varieties are zesty.
- I am a person who thinks from the heart a lot than from my mind. Some of you might have already guessed it. Do I want to change it? No. I am happy the way I am and I guess I will continue to give more importance to my heart’s wants than my “all-know-it-practical” mind 😛 At the end of the day that is what makes me happy and keeps the people whom I love also happy. True, I have been hurt at times because of this, but I am not going to change because of others narrow-mindedness.
- And maybe my brain is a little angry that I do not give it enough attention that it decided I will be “direction-retarded” 😛 I have absolutely no sense of direction and even after living in an apartment for around 1.5 years, I could never find our parking spot on my own. (In my defense it was like a maze with A-L blocks, with around 2000 spots and whether you go left or right you end up in a block, but not at the one you want to go!) Thank God for GPSes and google maps 😀
- All of you already know that I am a shopaholic. And in addition to that am a “stockaholic” as well. 😛 From nail polishes to lip sticks to shoes to dresses to watches, I stock up on everything and am really umm what do you call, “obsessive” about it 😀 And the toughest part is when you travel. I mean I simply end up shamelessly hogging my hubby’s share of suitcase also or we end up paying for extra luggage
(Mind: Gotta change that soon girl.
Heart: Yeah right!)
So that puts an end to the 10 random facts and here are the rules if you decide to accept this award and they are as per below. I have taken these from Marie’s award post.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) In case you find the badge in my page unsuitable to your blog layout, you can google some other patterns as well but make sure they are legit 🙂
- For the 2016 Liebster Award write a 150-300 word description about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (I am also making this optional. I can understand if you are reluctant to reveal your personal details but if you are open to sharing things about you a little more to your followers, I encourage you to do this as this really bridges the gap between the readers and you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs the happy news that you nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn more about it (they might not have even heard of it!)