So I had heard somewhere that when God gives, he gives in abundance! And true enough I have more awards in my basket now, thanks to Cezane of https://psychedelicbay.wordpress.com , Brooke of https://theutopiauniverse.com and of course dear Marie of https://thebusinessofblooming.com nominating me again ❤ And I do not want to bore the readers but of course want to participate in the rules and challenges of the award, so decided to combine the award posts in a singular one 🙂 So Cezane and Brooke nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award and Marie for a One Lovely Blog Award.
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
1. Answer the eleven questions from the blogger who nominated you.
2. Nominate eleven wonderful bloggers and write eleven questions for them to answer.
So speaking about Sunshine Blogger Award, I have questions of Cezane and Brooke to answer 😀 I am not sure if my answers would be as brilliant as theirs but here goes my honest attempt at the questions posed 🙂
1. If there is one thing you could change about the world, what would it be?
Oh, boy that is a toughie! I know I am all for magic and superheroism but changing the world on one thing, hmm. I will say if I had my way I will vanquish hatred from the minds of every single person in this world. Like with a magic wand I can go “Let there be love all over in this world”. Wars, prejudices and even murders would cease and all the extra time gained will be spent in peace and celebrating love.
2. Which post in your blog so far would you say is the best of your offerings according to you?
I think this post https://gameplanhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/why-you-should-never-compare-your-relationships-to-others/ is the best I have done till now. 🙂
3. What motivates you to write?
You can find a full post on that here- 😀 https://gameplanhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com/2016/01/10/ah-the-first-time/
But if you like it short and sweet, well writing down has always helped me to express my thoughts freely and the idea that these musings can bring some positivity and happiness to the readers motivates me a lot. I am all for spreading some cheer and a huge fan of happily ever afters in every walk of life like my blog name suggests. And when my readers say that my writings make them smile, it inspires me a lot and keeps me on track.
“And to add on, since none of us know how long we are going to be a part of this crazy perfect life, till the time I get to hang around, I may as well make as much noise as I can rather than being a silent spectator.” 😉 Quoted by me myself in the above post 😛
4. Cats or Dogs?
It is so funny that how I am scared of dogs, if you give me a choice between cats or dogs, I would go with dogs 🙂 ( I know, I know. A large population out there are in love with their dogs but as much as I appreciate and adore the loyalty of these wonderful species just to name one trait, I am scared of them too. I am so sorry doggie-lovers 😦 )
5. Can Money buy Happiness?
That is a funny question 😀 I am reminded of the saying “Whoever said money cannot buy happiness simply did not know where to go shopping.” 😀 But on a serious note no. I think happiness is much much above the materialistic aspects of money. I think the term “rich” is a very ambiguous term. I maybe a millionaire making me rich in “money”, but I might be envious of those who just have a roof above their head and who get 8 hours of peaceful sleep. (FYI: I am nowhere close to a millionaire and if I were I would have embarked on a world tour seriously. Also thankfully I can sleep as much as I want to unless someone drags me out of the bed :D)
I think it all depends on what you want in life. For me happiness is something which cannot be solely achieved by money but I will not say money is not needed at all to be happy of course!
6. What is the best memory you have of your life?
Cezane, boy, you could have just asked me what is my fav ice-cream flavour 😛 This one is so tough 😀 I simply cannot pick one! Well, a lot of my best memories in life are dependent on this one so I will go with this! It was the day when my family agreed for the marriage to Vishnu 🙂 India is a country where marriages are still “arranged”. The family finds the spouse for their kids. It is not exactly forced. If you do not like a match proposed by your family, you can tell them but finding a guy/girl on your own is hugely frowned upon and its a huge challenge in convincing your family for the partner of your choice. Some courageous ones walk out of the family but I was attached both to my family and Vishnu and I could not leave them both. The memory of my parents agreeing to our marriage (though after a lot of convincing and coaxing) is one of the best memories in my life.
7. What is your Dream?
My dreams are countless! Well one of them continuing right from my childhood is to live in the wizarding world conjured by J.K.Rowling 😀 Ohh to get an owl that I have been admitted to Hogwarts and to do all the swish and flick and to have butter-beer all day along, that would be heaven indeed. A small change to my childhood dream is that now I want my hubby also along with me while flying across the Hogwarts castle on Firebolt 😉
8. Favorite Dish?
This is easy 😀 It is an Indian specialty called Butter Chicken 😀 Yummm! Or is it Chilli Gobi? Ahh, both of them. I cannot decide
9. What would you say is the drive towards success?
I am still learning from life, and what I know so far is that it is one’s passion which drives towards true success. There is only a limit to which you will be driven for money, fame etc. Without the spark of passion, the fuel for success is bound to run out soon.
10. What are your favorite books/movies?
There are LOTS! Songs of Ice and Fire(GoT), Harry Potter, Most of Nicholas Sparks books, Enid Blyton books are a few. 😀
11. Three wishes, what are your wishes?
Umm, dedicating the wishes to the wanderlust in me and my guy.
1.To go to Europe once again ❤
2.To go on a hot air balloon.
3.To go to Disneyworld in Orlando!
1. How do you spend your spare time?
Movies, visiting new places, reading, going on a drive and of course blogging.
2. Do you enjoy the beach or the mountains?
Ah, I have always been a beach-bum but whenever we escape to the mountains I lose my heart there, only to realize that I belong to the beaches when we hit the waters later!
3. Do you enjoy the occasional Agatha Christie novel?
Oops, I was more of a Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew person than Agatha Christie at those times But I have heard the books are awesome. Sometime later maybe 🙂
4. What is your present goal?
Goal? Umm, no specific goals as such 🙂 Just trying to live my life by the motto I strongly believe in- Live Every Moment. Laugh Every Day. Love Without Limits
5. Do you enjoy a good restaurant?
Oh yes of course I do!
6. Are you working in the field of your passion?
My visa status does not allow me to work currently in the US! Otherwise I would have been working in the field of my passion for sure.
7. Are you a morning or evening person?
Evening person, no doubts on that 😀
8. Do you enjoy your own company?
Ooh yes indeed 😀 I am one of my favourite persons 😉 😛
9. What makes you instantly happy?
Heehee. No brainer. Shopping or Planning a new trip with my guy 😀
10. Where did you spend your last holiday?
In Universal Studios Orlando ❤
11. Do you keep a working diary?
I do not keep any diary 🙂
And the nominees (in no particular order) for the Sunshine Blogger Award from my end are:
And now I have to prepare 11 questions for my nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award and here it goes 🙂
1. Favorite vacation place (which you have been/ in bucket list)
2. Top of your wish list currently? (can be anything)
3. A person/memory/possession you are proud of the most in your life.
4. Three qualities that define you (you can list more if you want)
5. One weird fact about yourself 😀 It MUST be weird 😉
6. What can rebound you from sadness? That makes you feel better on a bad day.
7. Would you change anything about you? If so what trait?
8. What is the one thing that turns you off totally?
9. When do you usually write? Like do you have any specific time daily for writing?
10. What posts do you wish to see more in blogosphere?
11. All time favorite movie? (more than one is also fine. I understand :D)
Rules for One Lovely Blog Award
1. Thank the person that nominated you and give a link to their blog
2. List the rules.
3. Display the award on your post of the award.
4. List seven facts about yourself.
5. Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
I guess I have already covered 7 more random facts on me here, leaving me just to nominate the bloggers for One Lovely Blog Award. And these are my nominees for that award(in no specific order).
Please note that it is not a must to accept this award, but this is fun since more bloggers get some recognition and your readers also come to know you a bit more better. Let us spread a little more of happiness and love in this wonderful blogosphere when time permits us ❤